What do your priorities look like? Do you have things set up correctly? I am a Christian and that does dictate my priorities to a large degree. My priorities are listed this way:
- God: If I expect Him to direct my steps then I have to listen to what He says to me.
- Myself! Yes, I put myself as a priority. How can I handle anything else if I’m not taking care of myself?
- Priority setting. Is what I’m actively doing taking care of me?
- Health: Am I eating what I need to eat to be in the best physical shape I can be in?
- Exercise: What am I doing on a daily basis to get off the chair/bed/couch?
- Mental health: What am I doing to keep my mind healthy?
- That includes having some fun! So what am I doing just for fun?
- Growing: I am a learner, I love to learn new things! And this is a priority for me. I am also learning to teach others more effectively!
- Meditation/relaxation time. This is a little different than prayer. While I do pray, I also take time to just rest and quiet my mind and literally do nothing for a few minutes every day.
- Positive affirmations: An incredibly important part of my day. I do it typically first thing every morning.
- My kids come next. They are still growing up and I make sure they get what they need.
- My husband. I’ve been told that I need to have him over my kids, but circumstances that I won’t tell here dictate that my kids come before him.
- My career. I am a writer and an entrepreneur. If I expect my work to be done, I have to make sure that I do the work. I don’t have a boss, except my calendar. If I expect my goals to be met, I have to do the work. In my work time I have certain things that I have to make sure I get done.
- Goal setting! I can’t reach goals that haven’t been set.
- Writing. I am writing a novel. It won’t write itself, so I have to do the work.
- Education: I am expanding what I’m doing. I’m in school at Kaplan University. Study time is important and as such, it is a priority.
When I first decided to change my own life I was thinking, “can I do this? What if I’m not smart enough? What if I fail?” But along the way I met people who said, “what if you try?” And eventually I started trying something new. I am still trying new things. And in fact, one of the new things I’m doing is going back to school. And I’m getting a 98% in one class and a 99% in my other class. And I still have some projects to finish, plus 1 final exam. My friend, try something new. Need help? I’m here…
I have a few friends on Facebook who are Producers in the movie industry in Los Angeles, California. Namely, James Wilson, his brother Don “The Dragon” Wilson, and Anita Clay. All 3 are amazing! They are producers for Traditionz Entertainment, along with the amazing Cynthia Rothrock. In the process of talking to Anita and James, who are amazing friends as well, I’ve gleaned a little about how they create movies. One of the things they have to do is what I’m going to talk about today. They have to create the characters in the movies. What do they look like? Are they good or bad? What do they do for a living? All the details that go into a movie. What does that have to do with you and living clean? If you don’t know who you are to begin with, how can you be the real you? So I’m going to challenge you. First, take a good look at who you are.
- Are you happy with how you look physically?
- Are you at the weight you want to be? By the way, I’m not talking about being fat or thin.
- Do you dress in a way that feels good for you?
- Are you a good person?
- Are you friendly? Most of the time anyway? By the way, being nice doesn’t mean you aren’t smart!
- Do you treat others the way you want to be treated?
- What do you do for a living?
- Do you like it?
- Is it giving you the life you want?
If any of these things need to change, then change them. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Including from me. To live a clean life, you have to know who you are and if anything doesn’t line up with living a clean life, which I’ve talked about previously, then you need to change it. I only want the best for everyone, if you want my help, then contact me.
I would do a dis-service to my friends if I didn’t tell you about one of the movies they have produced. It is called The Martial Arts Kid. It is awesome, amazing, spell-binding! I could go on and on! In short, I really loved this movie! The Producer, James Wilson, did an amazing job. Cynthia Rothrock, Don “The Dragon” Wilson, and Jansen Panettiere and Kathryn Newton were the heroes. It was so true to life! It shows the true side of martial arts. Martial arts isn’t for fighting, it’s for defending yourself or someone else. And it will impact every area of your life, if you let it. I am so glad I got it! I can’t wait to watch it again! I can see why The Dove Foundation gave it 5 Doves! The fighting scenes were so well done! Not one fight was done by Aunt Cindy, Uncle Glen, or Robbie just because they wanted to fight someone. The scenery was outstanding! WOW! I know that they are working on the sequel to it now. And I have no doubt it will be AMAZING as well. You can purchase it from here: Traditionz Entertainment. And as a bonus, if you order it from here, it will be autographed by one of the actors in it. I know who, but I’m not telling. You will have to order to find out.
To contact me you can go here: Malissa Carole or you can reply here.
Mohini was a magnificent white tiger that lived in the US’s National Zoo in Washington DC in the 1960s. Mohini was a special gift presented to the US president Eisenhower, and the US people. The Zoo started a major project to build a large enclosure for Mohini, their star attraction. The enclosure would simulate Mohini’s natural habitat as closely as possible. It would have many acres of lush forest with rolling hills and a large pond. It would be Mohini playground for her to stretch and express her natural self as one of nature’s most splendid and powerful creatures. Meanwhile, while the large enclosure was being built, Mohini was kept in a 12 x 12 feet cage with iron bars and cement floor. Mohini would pace around ceaselessly in this cage while her eventual home was being built. Finally, the enclosure was completed and the big day of releasing Mohini into it had arrived. A large excited crowd had gathered to witness this much awaited event. To everyone’s surprise, instead of frolicking in joy in her new sprawling enclosure, Mohini headed straight for a perimeter wall at the enclosure’s edge. At the wall, Mohini started to pace around in an imaginary cage, just like the way she had while waiting for the enclosure to be build. Mohini stayed in this tiny corner at the wall for the remainder of her life, oblivious to the freedom and choices she had.
How many of us live our lives in a cage like Mohini lived in? We deserve more! A lot more!!! So what can you do? Yesterday in church my pastor talked about this. There are 4 things that can help he taught.
- Redeem the routines. What are you doing that allow time to be redeemed? Are you getting ready for the day? Listen to a audiobook. Are you driving for 20-30 minutes? Same thing. Get creative. And have fun with this.
- Reduce the hurry in life. Slow down and make some time in your schedule to just rest. Carl Jung said “Hurry is not of the devil, hurry is the devil.” And he is right on target!
- Regularly meditate the Word. Yes, I said the Word. Go beyond meditating on the word to really thinking on The Word itself. You will be amazed at the results you get!
- Finally, review and renew life paths. Is what you’re doing working? If it isn’t maybe it’s time to change some things. Failure is only failure if you quit. You can change how you do things as often as you need to.
Why are you doing what you’re doing? Do you know what you want? Do you have any idea WHY you are doing what you are doing? I have the Greater One living in me! It’s time to Rise and Grind!!!! Figure out what you want, figure out WHY you want it!!!! Then just do it!!!!
For the past several years I’ve been working on changing my life. And my life has changed. In the past 2 weeks I’ve started some new things. Including a new job. I’m working on generating some additional income for some plans I have in place. When you know WHY you know what you want, you are going to be willing to RISE and GRIND to do whatever is necessary to make it happen.
The most successful people I know have worked very hard for a season (usually less than 10 years) so they can have the life they want. They worked sometimes 60-80 hours a week to make it so at the end of that season they can cut back to 20 hours a week. But get paid over and over for the work they did during that season they worked 60-80 hours a week. It’s called building residual income and it makes doing this possible.
What does this have to do with living clean? Everything! Think how much better your life would be if you only had to work 4 hours a day 5 times a week. And for the most part, you decide when to work. To me, that is true freedom and it is directly linked to clean living. If you know what you want, but need help, talk to me. I can and will help.
I was thinking about this for a couple of days. And I asked a friend what he thinks this is. Here is what he said:
“To me to live clean is to live free from all foreign toxins and chemicals that are harsh over long time that are harmful for our bodies. And also congest and ingest clean living from food, to non-processed food, etc. water included.” Marquis C. Jones, Sr.
Marquis C. Jones, Sr. is a remarkable friend to have. How often do we eat foods or use chemicals that are just bad for us? I suspect way to often! I say this because of the epidemic of illnesses that are so rampant around the world. Illnesses that were non-existent 100 years ago are now rampant. We have cancer more rampant, even in infants and children. Autism is more rampant. It used to be 1 in 10,000 and now it is 1 in 75. Obesity is also way up. And obesity is directly connected to so many other health issues. So what can be done? Here are some ideas:
- Take control of what you eat. The Mediterranean Diet is known to be the healthiest diet on earth. Doctors around the world promote this. Including my favorite doctor, Dr. Don Colbert.
- If you need to lose weight, go on a system that will provide support. I have one that I am seeing amazing success in.
- Make the switch from cleaners that are not healthy to ones that are effective and safe. The cost isn’t as much as you might think. I will be discussing this more throughout the month.
- Make sure you are drinking water.
- Do daily affirmations, keeping a positive mindset will set into action a clean life.
- Exercise, my favorites are:
- Walking around a lake or in bad weather the mall
- Tae Kwon Do
Over the course of this month I am going to be talking about clean living. So you will want to stay tuned. And if you have anyone in your life that needs help, have them follow me. I’ll be talking about practical ways to do this, if you don’t have family support (and I have this issue personally), and how expensive is this (actually, it really isn’t!)?