Losing weight is a huge deal! I want to show you 25 things that will happen as you lose weight:
- Muscle gain vs. fat loss
- The weight itself may or may not change much. But it’s because muscle weights more than fat. For that reason, it is better to measure your weight loss with a cloth measuring “stick” instead of the scale.
- You may feel chilly because of your thyroid hormone levels can dip, keep a cardigan handy.
2. Allergy symptoms, such as asthma symptoms may decrease. Do not quit prescription meds without your doctor’s approval. He will support this.
3. Your face may slim down
4. Food will taste better.
5. You may be hornier as your BMI dips, your testosterone levels rise. Which makes you less self-conscious.
6. Sex may be more satisfying.
7. You may not know what to wear. Get some friends to go shopping with you. This is especially true for people who have battled obesity most of their lives.
8. You may not feel happy. Get help if you need it. Some people do feel happy over the weight loss.
9. Muscle vs. fat and how to gain muscle while losing fat.
10. Family and friends may criticize you. Ignore them.
11. Some may not notice. Until you lose 9 lbs. it’s not very noticeable.
12. You’ll stop snoring.
13. “According to a study in the journal Neurology, heavier men have poorer memories and cognitive skills than trimmer men.”
14. You will love to sweat! “Progress is addicting.”
15. It will impact your kids! And they will want to eat healthier.
16. Your significant other may not be supportive. Be aware of it. I experienced this and pushed through it. You can do it!
17. Over time, he or she may join you. I experienced this too.
18. I was lead to this because people began to come to me for advice.
19. Rings may need to be resized.
20. You may need new shoes! You do have fat in your feet and as you lose weight, the fat in your feet will also go down.
21. People may not recognize you. Especially if they haven’t seen you in a while.
22. You will find out who your real friends are. And you will make new friends connected to your new life.
23. You’ll lose your sweet tooth!
24. You’ll save money on prescription medications. “The lighter you are, the healthier you’re apt to be. And in many cases, that means saying sayonara to high blood pressure pills and diabetes medications. Dropping weight also lowers the odds your need medications in the future, too! That’s good news for your body and your bank account.”
25. You’ll cook healthier and become a better chef.
And a bonus: “A leaner you = a longer life. But hey, you probably already knew that.”