Mindset: an attitude, disposition, or mood. And, an intention or inclination.
With this in mind: how do you keep your mindset positive? What are some actions you can take to have a positive attitude, disposition, or mood? How do you keep your intentions and inclinations going the right direction?
Here are some things I have done to keep positive:
- Start my day off right. I do daily affirmations. Then I eat breakfast. Then I exercise, these days by training in the Chuck Norris System.
- During the day, if a negative thought comes up (and it happens), I replace it with something positive.
- If I get hit with bad news, I find something positive in it. It’s the idea that there is a silver lining in every cloud. It’s not always easy to find, but it is there. For example, Las Vegas was hit by a shooter overnight last night. That is a bad thing. But I’m thankful that more people weren’t killed. This doesn’t mean I’m not sorry for the losses. I am very sorry about it. And I did cry over it.
- If I get frustrated, I practice martial arts or do something that gets me moving. As I exercise, I am able to literally work-out my frustrations. And then I go back and finish whatever I was working on. Whether it is school or my business or something else.
How do I keep my intentions positive?
- I stay focused on my goals. And review them frequently to make sure they are where they need to be at.
- I stay connected to my leaders and give them the freedom to speak whatever needs to be said, either good or bad, to me.
- I make sure that I am worthy in my own actions to be a leader. I can’t expect anyone to follow me if I am not actively doing what I would expect others to do. I am a leader, not a boss. And I keep this in the forefront of my mind.
What are some things you do?