We all have them: those people who tell you that for one reason or another you can’t or shouldn’t do what you dream of. Sometimes they are family. What do you do? I’ve struggled with this in some huge ways over the past 20+ years. Here are some suggestions on what you can do.
- Find some small things that you can be successful at that are in the category of what you are dreaming of. For example, if you want to be healthier, begin to take walks or go to a gym. And adapt healthy changes you can make in your diet.
- Make it a point to get around people who build you up. This can be done in person or through social media, like Facebook.
- Do daily affirmations daily.
- Set goals and begin to take steps toward them becoming reality.
- Tell yourself, repeatedly as needed, that you can accomplish what you are dreaming of.
- Take immediate action toward what you want. No matter how little, a little can go a long way at times.
- Find some hero’s and mentors. Someone who will direct you and support you.
Hopefully these tips will help you get started in the life you want.