Reading: We’re taught as children to read. And when I was growing up, I was frequently reading. Or playing outside! But, how often do adults read? According to John & Nadya Melton’s website:
88% of the wealthy read 30 minutes or more for education or career reasons vs. 2% for poor!
This is HUGE! This past week, Reggie addressed this on Facebook. And his take is one worth considering!
“Yes… I believe that many “leaders are readers”. However… I believe there are a LOT MORE people who use reading and “researching” as an excuse for not doing.
If your reading & research time, is taking up your doing time, you need to give up reading until doing becomes your top priority.
And just as important… if the things you are reading is not improving your results, you are either reading the wrong things, not applying what you read… or both!”
As you think about this: remember, Reggie is a reader, and also a best-selling author who earned the Quilly Award. Here’s a video with him after receiving this awesome award! Reggie Cochran, Best Selling Author
Reading is an awesome past time. But, don’t just read: apply! Here’s a list of must-read books in my opinion:
1. Think and Grow Rich Today, this is the one Reggie got the Quilly Award for.
2. The One Thing: The Surprising Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller with Jay Papasan
3. 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
4. How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
5. Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins
6. As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
7. The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino
8. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson, Ph.D.
9. The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
10. The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson
11. Trailblazers: Leadership Lessons from 12 Pioneers Who Beat the Odds & Influenced Millions by Tony Rubleski & Dave Liniger
12. Mind Capture: How to Generate New & Repeat Business in the Age of Advertising Overload by Tony Rubleski
13. Mind Capture: How to Awaken Your Entrepreneurial Genius in a Time of Great Economic Change! By Tony Rubleski
14. Liquid Leadership: From Woodstock to Wikipedia—Multigenerational Management Ideas That Are Changing the Way We Run Things by Brad Szollose.
15. Rock Bottom is a Beautiful Place: Testimonies of Triumph by Diane Cunningham and others.
16. Rock Bottom Is A Beautiful Place 2: Living Your Calling by Diane Cunningham and others.
17. Rock Bottom Is a Beautiful Place 3: Living With A Grateful Heart by Diane Cunningham and others
There are many other books that are great to read. If you want a more expansive list, then reach out to me.