What do your priorities look like? Do you have things set up correctly? I am a Christian and that does dictate my priorities to a large degree. My priorities are listed this way:
- God: If I expect Him to direct my steps then I have to listen to what He says to me.
- Myself! Yes, I put myself as a priority. How can I handle anything else if I’m not taking care of myself?
- Priority setting. Is what I’m actively doing taking care of me?
- Health: Am I eating what I need to eat to be in the best physical shape I can be in?
- Exercise: What am I doing on a daily basis to get off the chair/bed/couch?
- Mental health: What am I doing to keep my mind healthy?
- That includes having some fun! So what am I doing just for fun?
- Growing: I am a learner, I love to learn new things! And this is a priority for me. I am also learning to teach others more effectively!
- Meditation/relaxation time. This is a little different than prayer. While I do pray, I also take time to just rest and quiet my mind and literally do nothing for a few minutes every day.
- Positive affirmations: An incredibly important part of my day. I do it typically first thing every morning.
- My kids come next. They are still growing up and I make sure they get what they need.
- My husband. I’ve been told that I need to have him over my kids, but circumstances that I won’t tell here dictate that my kids come before him.
- My career. I am a writer and an entrepreneur. If I expect my work to be done, I have to make sure that I do the work. I don’t have a boss, except my calendar. If I expect my goals to be met, I have to do the work. In my work time I have certain things that I have to make sure I get done.
- Goal setting! I can’t reach goals that haven’t been set.
- Writing. I am writing a novel. It won’t write itself, so I have to do the work.
- Education: I am expanding what I’m doing. I’m in school at Kaplan University. Study time is important and as such, it is a priority.