Mohini was a magnificent white tiger that lived in the US’s National Zoo in Washington DC in the 1960s. Mohini was a special gift presented to the US president Eisenhower, and the US people. The Zoo started a major project to build a large enclosure for Mohini, their star attraction. The enclosure would simulate Mohini’s natural habitat as closely as possible. It would have many acres of lush forest with rolling hills and a large pond. It would be Mohini playground for her to stretch and express her natural self as one of nature’s most splendid and powerful creatures. Meanwhile, while the large enclosure was being built, Mohini was kept in a 12 x 12 feet cage with iron bars and cement floor. Mohini would pace around ceaselessly in this cage while her eventual home was being built. Finally, the enclosure was completed and the big day of releasing Mohini into it had arrived. A large excited crowd had gathered to witness this much awaited event. To everyone’s surprise, instead of frolicking in joy in her new sprawling enclosure, Mohini headed straight for a perimeter wall at the enclosure’s edge. At the wall, Mohini started to pace around in an imaginary cage, just like the way she had while waiting for the enclosure to be build. Mohini stayed in this tiny corner at the wall for the remainder of her life, oblivious to the freedom and choices she had.
How many of us live our lives in a cage like Mohini lived in? We deserve more! A lot more!!! So what can you do? Yesterday in church my pastor talked about this. There are 4 things that can help he taught.
- Redeem the routines. What are you doing that allow time to be redeemed? Are you getting ready for the day? Listen to a audiobook. Are you driving for 20-30 minutes? Same thing. Get creative. And have fun with this.
- Reduce the hurry in life. Slow down and make some time in your schedule to just rest. Carl Jung said “Hurry is not of the devil, hurry is the devil.” And he is right on target!
- Regularly meditate the Word. Yes, I said the Word. Go beyond meditating on the word to really thinking on The Word itself. You will be amazed at the results you get!
- Finally, review and renew life paths. Is what you’re doing working? If it isn’t maybe it’s time to change some things. Failure is only failure if you quit. You can change how you do things as often as you need to.
For many years my life was one of crying, most of the time privately. It was one of wanting the life I saw people I respected have. Of wanting but not knowing how to get. But then the day came that I was ready to do whatever it took to make it happen. And that is the day that my life began to shift. That shift was originally in my mind.
Our mindset dictates our entire lives. The success we see, or the failure we see. What you think on and focus on is what you attract to yourself. When you decide that you are going to do whatever it takes to see your life changed, your life will change. It’s inevitable. Think of it this way, you get to a crossroads. You can either go the direction that you’ve been going, or you can go the direction that will lead you to a better life. The choice is 100% yours. If you decide that you are going to make the changes, and you are sincere, your life will show it.
Why are you doing what you’re doing? Do you know what you want? Do you have any idea WHY you are doing what you are doing? I have the Greater One living in me! It’s time to Rise and Grind!!!! Figure out what you want, figure out WHY you want it!!!! Then just do it!!!!
For the past several years I’ve been working on changing my life. And my life has changed. In the past 2 weeks I’ve started some new things. Including a new job. I’m working on generating some additional income for some plans I have in place. When you know WHY you know what you want, you are going to be willing to RISE and GRIND to do whatever is necessary to make it happen.
The most successful people I know have worked very hard for a season (usually less than 10 years) so they can have the life they want. They worked sometimes 60-80 hours a week to make it so at the end of that season they can cut back to 20 hours a week. But get paid over and over for the work they did during that season they worked 60-80 hours a week. It’s called building residual income and it makes doing this possible.
What does this have to do with living clean? Everything! Think how much better your life would be if you only had to work 4 hours a day 5 times a week. And for the most part, you decide when to work. To me, that is true freedom and it is directly linked to clean living. If you know what you want, but need help, talk to me. I can and will help.
Last week I talked about how what does it mean to live clean. And put some suggestions out on where to start. Today, I want to elaborate on this. What are some practical ways to live clean? Here are some things I have done:
- Read the labels. If you can’t pronounce it, you probably should reconsider using it.
- Make the switch to organic cleaners as much as possible.
- Talk to me about my business. The company I’m a part of is amazing. All our products are not only affordable, they are completely toxin free. And there is a way you can actually get them for free. To get more information on that, simply reply to this or look me up on Facebook. I’m listed as Malissa Elkins Van Zee.
- Walk instead of drive, it’s better for you and the environment. As much as possible anyway.
- Eat smart
- Add one meatless meal to your menu each week
- Buy locally raised, humane, and organic meat, eggs, and dairy whenever you can
- Eat organic as much as possible
- Cut out white. Switch to either no wheat, or 100% whole grain wheat. Switch to brown rice instead of white rice.
- Drink more water. Get a water filter to reduce chemicals in your water.
- Lose the excess weight. If you are overweight, even by 10-15 pounds, you are storing toxins in that fat. I’ve been working on getting healthy since 2011. And I can tell you, I feel so much better! At the top are 2 pictures, the first one is from 2011. I was about 260 pounds and even though I was smiling, I was incredibly depressed. The second picture is from a little over a week ago and I’m now at about 220 pounds. I’m not at my goal, but I’m a whole lot closer. And I’ve gone from a size 24 to a size 16. I have more confidence and just feel better.
- Get some exercise. My favorite exercises are:
- Walking, especially with a friend.
- Tae Kwon Do, it is great for all ages! It builds confidence, increases agility, plus it is great exercise.
- Go dancing!
- Try yoga, its great!
- Go bowling, and even better, join a league.
- Play tennis
- Join a gym and take a class there
See what you can come up with and share some of your ideas with me. I’d love to know what you do to live clean.
When you make the commitment to live clean you have 3 choices. You can choose to have a good clean life, a better clean life or the best clean life. What does this look like?
Good means choosing these options:
- fresh fruits and vegetable, not organic at all
- meats that are kind of low fat
- cleaners that are okay, but the chemicals may not be the safest you could choose
- no supplements
- minimal exercise
- not really making too many other changes
Better is this:
- some organic fruits and vegetables, this is a little better because you are choosing more organic
- more grass fed meats and healthier proteins, but still some that aren’t that way
- vitamins and supplements to help you be even healthier
- cleaners that are better for you and your family
- exercise that pushes you a little more than you are used to
Best is this:
- all organic
- completely Mediterranean diet.
- only clean living household cleaners
- exercise pushes you to your limit, you probably have a personal trainer. You see the benefits of this and decide it’s worth the investment
- You’re life is all about being as healthy as possible, and even worth spending the money to make it happen.
We all have choices to make in life. We all have 24 hours each day, whether you are rich or poor. The difference between the rich and poor I’ve learned is how they spend the 24 hours. If you choose that you want a life that is best, you will probably have to make some sacrifices for the short term so you can have what you want for the long term. It’s been said that entrepreneurs work 80 hours a week for 3 to 5 years to get the life others only dream of. I am proudly an entrepreneur. If you want to know more about what I do, reply here and we will connect. I’m also on Facebook. My business page is called Malissa Carole.
I was thinking about this for a couple of days. And I asked a friend what he thinks this is. Here is what he said:
“To me to live clean is to live free from all foreign toxins and chemicals that are harsh over long time that are harmful for our bodies. And also congest and ingest clean living from food, to non-processed food, etc. water included.” Marquis C. Jones, Sr.
Marquis C. Jones, Sr. is a remarkable friend to have. How often do we eat foods or use chemicals that are just bad for us? I suspect way to often! I say this because of the epidemic of illnesses that are so rampant around the world. Illnesses that were non-existent 100 years ago are now rampant. We have cancer more rampant, even in infants and children. Autism is more rampant. It used to be 1 in 10,000 and now it is 1 in 75. Obesity is also way up. And obesity is directly connected to so many other health issues. So what can be done? Here are some ideas:
- Take control of what you eat. The Mediterranean Diet is known to be the healthiest diet on earth. Doctors around the world promote this. Including my favorite doctor, Dr. Don Colbert.
- If you need to lose weight, go on a system that will provide support. I have one that I am seeing amazing success in.
- Make the switch from cleaners that are not healthy to ones that are effective and safe. The cost isn’t as much as you might think. I will be discussing this more throughout the month.
- Make sure you are drinking water.
- Do daily affirmations, keeping a positive mindset will set into action a clean life.
- Exercise, my favorites are:
- Walking around a lake or in bad weather the mall
- Tae Kwon Do
Over the course of this month I am going to be talking about clean living. So you will want to stay tuned. And if you have anyone in your life that needs help, have them follow me. I’ll be talking about practical ways to do this, if you don’t have family support (and I have this issue personally), and how expensive is this (actually, it really isn’t!)?